- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-090
- Project: filedepot (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-May-30
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
The filedepot module is a Document Management module. It fulfills the need for an integrated file management module supporting role and user based security. Documents can be saved outside the Drupal public directory to protect documents for safe access and distribution.
The module has a Session Management Vulnerability that caused Internet Explorer browser users to switch users if they uploaded a file using another browser from the same IP address (Internet Protocol address).
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that it only occurred with Internet Explorer and when multiple sessions where running from the same desktop / IP address.
- filedepot 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed filedepot module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the filedepot for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to filedepot 6.x-1.3
Also see the filedepot project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.