Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-063
- Project: RealName (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-April-25
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module allows you to set a pattern for constructing "Real names" for users out of profile fields. The module does not sufficiently escape users' real names under certain circumstances which could lead to a Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attack.
- RealName 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
- RealName 7.x-1.x versions are not vulnerable.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed RealName module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the RealName module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to RealName 6.x-1.5.
Also see the RealName project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.