Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
For Drupal 8 we wanted to improve the workflow of the "Content Manager" page and provide a solution by this first draft wireframe proposal.
The main issues that these wireframes try to solve are the following:
- Clearer call to action for new content creation with direct selection of content type
- Improve the bulk operations without cluttering the page
- Filters should be hidden on mobile view
- Icons for published and unpublished status
- Reduce clutter on the page by hiding the actions per content row, only becoming visible when hover on the row
- Display the filters as textual links, instead of form dropdowns, with the same behavior.
- Provide a indication of how many items each filter represents in the list
- Give the user the option to show (or hide) columns other then the default columns
- Removed the breadcrumb trail since it doesn't seem to have any purpose on this screen
- Clear indication of the table sorting and the active sorted column