Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-058
- Project: Fivestar (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-April-11
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Input Validation
The Fivestar module enables you to add a voting widget to nodes and comments.
The module does not sufficiently validate all votes passed by the asynchronous voting widget allowing a malicious user to improperly modify voting averages.
- Fivestar 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.20
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Fivestar module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Fivestar module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Fivestar 6.x-1.20
Also see the Fivestar project page.
- Eric J. Duran, the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.