- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-042
- Project: Wishlist Module (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-21
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery
The Wishlist Module allows users to maintain shared wishlists for special events and holidays.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text from the URL. This can be used to perform a reflected cross site scripting (XSS) attack. User account credentials could be exposed or compromised, or users could be redirected to sites designed for phishing or hosting malware. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that users must be tricked into visiting a specific link and then manipulating the show/hide purchase details drop down. This drop down is only rendered if the user is viewing their own Wish List and the module is configured to hide the purchased status from them.
- Wishlist Module 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.6.
- Wishlist Module 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.6.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Wishlist Module module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Wishlist module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Wishlist 6.x-2.6
- If you use the Wishlist module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Wishlist 7.x-2.6
See also the Wishlist Module project page.
- Scott McLewin the module maintainer
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.