Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-041
- Project: Fancy Slide (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-March-14
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables you to create slideshow blocks to embed into templates. The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer fancy_slide".
- Fancy Slide 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-2.6.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Fancy Slide module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Fancy Slide module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Fancy Slide 6.x-2.7
See also the Fancy Slide project page.
- Stella Power of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.