- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-035
- Project: Webform (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-07
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Webform module allows content creators to assemble a survey for end-users.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text when displaying radio buttons or checkboxes when used in combination with the Select or Other... module.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "create webform content" and the Select or Other... module must be installed on the site.
- Webform 6.x-3.x versions prior to 6.x-3.17.
- Webform 7.x-3.x versions prior to 7.x-3.17.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Webform module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Webform module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Webform 6.x-3.17
- If you use the Webform module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Webform 7.x-3.17
If you do not use Select or Other... module, no action is necessary.
See also the Webform project page.
- Nate Haug the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.
Edited to fix a typo in the versions of Webform affected.