- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-013
- Project: Search Autocomplete (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-January-25
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: SQL Injection
The Search Autocomplete module allows you to add autocomplete functionality to the search fields of a Drupal site.
Search Autocomplete does not properly use Drupal's database API, making it possible for a malicious user to carryout SQL injection on the site. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that users must have a role with permission "use search_autocomplete" to exploit.
- Search Autocomplete versions prior to 7.x-2.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Search Autocomplete module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Search Autocomplete module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Search Autocomplete 7.x-2.1
See the Search Autocomplete project page for more information.
- Ben Jeavons of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.