Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- code is inconsistent,
- code is not robust enough to be used with bad 3rd party code (extending prototypes),
- there are flaws in the design of a number of components,
- jQuery selectors are abused,
- Core JS should pass JSHint without errors using:
- name all constructors with initial uppercase character (might be the case, haven't checked everything) and more importantly remove the uppercase if it's not a constructor
$(selector).each()which makes total sense to use),
(I'm not talking about
I'm not sure it all applies, it's the kind of things I saw in contrib. and I suppose most of them can be found in core.
Safer and faster execution of core JS (selectors simplification can go a long way here). It'll make refactoring go smoother too (one day, when file-level closures go away).
And having a strict code style literately fixes bugs.
The first patch going this way just got commited to D8 \o/.
How does this fit with other initiatives?
We are in touch and share some issues with the mobile and html5 initiative.
How can I help?
If you are subscribing to this issue and want to help, note that there is a very long list of issues linked from the opening post that are dying out for reviews, re-rolls or initial patches so it should be easy enough to find somewhere to start.
If after looking at that list you don't know where to start, grab nod_, catch on IRC (#drupal-contribute) or just ask around, and we'll try to help you find something.
Individual files status
|File clean-up||Main issue||JSHint|
|seven/js||Vanilla JS!||already ok|