Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-011
- Project: Panels (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-January-18
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Panels module allows a site administrator to create customized layouts for multiple uses.
The module doesn't sufficiently sanitize administrator supplied data.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer panel layouts".
- Panels 6.x-2.x versions prior to 6.x-3.10.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Panels module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Panels module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Panels 6.x-3.10
See also the Panels project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.