Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2011-027
- Project: Facebook Share (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2011-July-06
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module enables Drupal site administrators to add a Facebook Share button to selected content type nodes.
The module doesn't sufficiently check the override text or button size input fields on the module configuration form to prevent against an XSS exploit.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer facebookshare".
- Drupal 6.x-1.1 and prior
- Drupal 7.x-1.2 and prior
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Facebook Share module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the 6.x-1.1 or 6.x-1.0 module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Facebook Share 6.x-1.2
- If you use the 7.x-1.2 or prior module for Drupal 7.x upgrade to Facebook Share 7.x-1.3
See also the Facebook Share project page.
- John Oltman the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.