Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2011-014
- Project: Webform Block (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2011-March-23
- Security risk: Moderately critical (definition of risk levels)
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Webform Block module enables users to make a webform available as a block.
The module does not sanitize some of the user-supplied data before displaying it, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability that may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
The vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that a malicious user must be assigned a role that includes permission to create and/or edit webforms.
- Webform Block module for Drupal 6.x versions prior to 6.x-1.2
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Webform Block module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Webform Block module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Webform Block 6.x-1.2
See also the Webform Block project page.
- Dylan Wilder-Tack (grendzy) of the Drupal security team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.
Learn more about the team and their policies, writing secure code for Drupal, and secure configuration of your site.