Current status of this issue:
- The standard way of providing tokens for fields like Date will be using the Token module, but the only thing currently supported is a default token format for the field as a whole. No way to indicate whether you want the start or end date or both or how you want it formatted, you get both dates formatted as the raw value stored in the field.
- Further work on Token module is blocked by questions about architecture and handling nested tokens and there has been no movement on them in quite some time. (seeand )
- An alternative way of handling tokens is provided by the Entity Tokens module (part of Entity API). It is fixed by the Entity patch at http://drupal.org/node/1058856#comment-5281650 in . If that gets committed, you can create Date tokens using Entity Tokens. The Entity Tokens are the ones that uses dashes instead of underscores in the token names.
- At the moment, Token and Entity Token are incompatible (seebecause one defines tokens using underscores and one using dashes, resulting in duplication of all the field tokens, a big problem if there are lots of fields.
- Because of the conflict between Entity Tokens and Token noted above, it is possible Entity Tokens will change to using underscores, resulting in a need to change all your tokens, so you should keep an eye on.