Hello,
I used Fantastico to install my Drupal 6.3. Right after the install was complete I got a Security Report that I needed to Upgrade from 6.3 to 6.4 cause of critical security issues.
So I downloaded Drupal 6.4 then I uploaded it to my ftp then I expanded it then I clicked on the upgrade.php. I got a message that my settings.php needed to be moved to my sites/default folder which has a default settings.php file already in it.[I found out that this is untrue all I had to do was to rename it to settings.php & leave it put.] So I did this & closed the folder. I have no custom add ons & I have pretty much kept everything default.
So now I open up the upgrade.php file again. now guess what it asks me, what is your DB name? ok I no that 1. [drpl1]
what is the DB username? ok I no that 2. [drpl1] Now 4 the hard question. what is your DB password? I do not no that cause Fantastico did the original install.
So guess what? I am stuck.
Can some 1 please give me a link to a tut 4 this problem.
Thanks
I`ll be in the corner rocking back & forth.

Comments

watbe’s picture

To upgrade, read the upgrade.txt.

You will need to copy the new drupal installation over the existing one after you have backed up what it tells you to do. After you have done that, then you run the update.php script, which makes sure everything will work properly.

For more help see http://drupal.org/upgrade/

dksdev01’s picture

Do not rename dafault settings to settings as upgrade will use old settings.php file. that's why with default drupal settings.php is not there. So u will just need to upload drupal in exsting version (override with new). and run update.php file.

-Deepak

GN’s picture

Your database name, username and password are recorded in sites/default/settings.php. When uploading files for upgrade, leave this file intact and never replace it.
If your old settings.php file is lost and you don't know your db password, you can reset it with phpmyadmin.