I created a test account to see what the experience is and make sure everything is working right. My site never sent me the activation e-mail to activate the account. I checked my spam folder. Sent it about 45 minutes ago and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Comments

nevets’s picture

Which operating system are you running on. Under windows, email typically needs to be configured in PHP settings.

ladalang@gmail.com’s picture

Running Windows XP pro. I'm saying the site isn't generating an e-mail to set new users up. It's not my machine. Isn't that a function of the Drupal software when a new user is created the site generates an email so they can activate their account?

nevets’s picture

Drupal depends on the configuration of PHP, which under Windows, needs to be configured before it will send the email.

ladalang@gmail.com’s picture

How do I do that? I downloaded the software through my host company with one click download and it set up all the ancillary stuff in the background. I was able to log in and configure everything in the dashboard. I did Wordpress in the past and once you had the software loaded it automatically sent e-mails with no issue. I guess I don't understand what I'm configuring. PHP should have been part of the install no? It's a completely functioning website. Except sending e-mails to members so they can join.