Hi,

I am relatively new to Drupal based development.

I am working on a project, where i need to set User permission for a specific node type. By using the path
"Home -> Administer -> User Management -> Permission -> Node Module" I can select edit "Own Story Content" and grant permissions to users to edit the nodes that they created.

But this will grant the user the permission to edit all nodes he/she created. I want to grant right only a particular type of node and note all.

How can i implement this ?

anybody done this before or has some hint..please reply back.

Comments

archard’s picture

The access control page should have separate control settings based on each specific content type. This will be under the "node module" section.

For example, let's say you wanted to do this for the Story node type. There should be 3 options for the Story node type for each role - "create story content", "edit own story content" and "edit story content". You should be able to choose these 3 options for EVERY node type you've created.

a_amitarora’s picture

hey archard

thanks for the reply !!

i think i need to elaborate the problem a little more.

the node which user creates are basically advertisements in a newspaper. there may have the 2 different status based on 'time of the ad'. one is "active" if the payment has been done and it is in display time frame. Other is "expired" if the time to display ad has expired. Now i want to grant user the permission to edit only "expired ads" so that they can be renewed, while both types are created by same user.