The Voice Commander module automatically makes voice commands for navigating the entire menu system of your Drupal site, using Web Speech API. You can choose which menu to work, than just press Ctrl+Alt and start speak. Also, you can turn on voice commands on mobile device. Features include:
- Navigate your site without using your mouse
- Pop-up launcher - hit Ctrl+Alt to open
- Use voice commands on mobile devices
- Select your own list of commands from custom menus
- Run better on https://
- No analogues on drupal.org
- Voice navigation gaining popularity
- Easy navigation on mobile: no need to tap on small details of menu
Chrome's implementation of SpeechRecognition behaves differently based on the protocol used:
- https:// Asks for permission once and remembers the choice.
- http:// Asks for permission repeatedly on every page load. Results are also returned significantly slower in HTTP.
See list of support browsers here
Voice Commander requires the libraries module.
Installation and first using
- Simply download and enable Voice Commander and dependent module if necessary
drush vcor manual install annyang to your libraries folder (e.g. /sites/default/libraries). Check drupal status reports in any concern
- Go to /admin/config/user-interface/voice-commander and configured VC
- Hold Ctrl+Alt key for starting recognition on desktop. Hold left bottom corner on mobile device for run voice commands. Enjoy it!
Use it only for administrator permission
- Cache clear: 'drupal cache'
- Management menu: '[Administrator command prefix] [Management menu item]', where [Administrator command prefix] is an option that set at /admin/config/user-interface/voice-commander and [Management menu item] is an any menu name link from management menu /admin/structure/menu/manage/management
Use it for all permissions or for permissions that uses the selected menu(s)
- Selected menu(s): '[menu item]', where [menu item] is menu name link from management menu from selected menu(s)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 8 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 759
- Last modified: June 23, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.