Provides a quick and easy way to replace any text on the site.
- Easily replace anything that's passed through t()
- Locale support, allowing you to override strings in any language
- Ability to import/export *.po files, for easy migration from the Locale module
- Note that this is not a replacement to Locale as having thousands of overrides can cause more pain then benefit. Use this only if you need a few easy text changes.
- Extract to your sites/all/modules directory.
- Enable the module in admin/build/modules.
- Configure the access permission in admin/user/access or admin/user/permissions.
- Visit admin/settings/stringoverrides or admin/config/regional/stringoverrides and fill in the strings you'd like to replace.
- Dance (if you arn't dancing, then try emptying your cache)!
- Empty your cache
- Check your settings.php for any
$conf["locale_custom_strings_en"]overrides, these conflict with the administration interface
- Check the code to make sure your override is what's presented in
t()in the code
- Overlay module has been reported to break the administration. Please make sure to remove the "overlay=" in the URL.
Head over to the project on GitHub for the issue queue. Features and bug fixes are done through pull requests.
This module was written by Rob Loach, however, the idea came from the Lullabot team when they mentioned someone should put a module together that takes advantage of the new functionality in Drupal 6. Jeff Eaton suggested the name Swappy, but String Overrides was a bit more descriptive. Nathan Haug gets the credit for producing the brilliant Drupal 5 backport. Thank you goes to John VanDyk for usability enhancements. Pasqualle was a major help with the Drupal 7 port.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Multilingual, Theme Enhancements
- Reported installs: 40,331 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 316,885
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: December 2, 2014