Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
SimpleFeed will soon be abandoned and all efforts put into: http://drupal.org/project/feeds
This module will be discontinued in Jan 2010.
I will be writing an upgrade/migration path (since I use this module on all of my sites) along with writing a new Google Feed API parser for Feeds module.
SimpleFeed - feed parsing the easy way :-)
- uses SimplePie as the default feed parsing engine
- very simple and fast: everything is a node, use hook_nodeapi() to manipulate anything you want
- feed & feed items obey default node workflow + options (e.g., set if feed items should be published by default)
- auto-taxonomy, automatically add categories in feeds to Drupal's taxonomy system
- revisions support for both feeds & feed items
- automatically delete feed items after a certain amount of time
- automatically generate feed item titles if they don't exist in the feed
- optionally expire specific feed items by editing their expiration time
- edit any feed or feed item that comes in
- manually insert feed items into feeds
- customizable default input format for imported feeds (e.g., which tags to strip from feeds, if any)
- postgres support
- duplicate checking of both feeds & feed items
- granular feed permissions
- optional views support
- optional token support
- optionally verify feeds before adding to database
- optional stats collecting module for per-feed stats and global stats on feed usage
If you need more flexible API for parsing different types of things have a look at Feedapi.
More docs here: http://drupal.org/node/310470
Sites using SimpleFeed:
Development of this module sponsored by ParentsClick / Lifetime Digital.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Module categories: Syndication
- Reported installs: 19 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,063
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!