Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The Pathauto module automatically generates URL/path aliases for various kinds of content (nodes, taxonomy terms, users) without requiring the user to manually specify the path alias. This allows you to have URL aliases like /category/my-node-title instead of /node/123. The aliases are based upon a "pattern" system that uses tokens which the administrator can change.
The 7.x-1.x and 6.x-2.x branches are currently accepting new feature requests and are kept in sync as much as possible. The 6.x-1.x branch is feature-locked and will only add bug fixes and security updates if needed.
- Multilingual URL alias support is still a little unstable and should be tested before used in production. See this issue in core issues related to i18n in Pathauto which needs someone to help triage, test, review, and write fixes. which is very important and needs more coders/testers/reviewers. There is also a list of
- Redirect (D7) / Path Redirect (D6) when installed Pathauto will provide a new "Update Action" in case your URLs change. This is the recommended update action and is considered the best practice for SEO and usability.
- Global Redirect ensures that your content is only visiable at the one, best URL possible (i.e. requests for node/2 are forwarded to "alias-for-node-2").
- Pathologic (untested, but may help with updating outdated links in existing content)
- Sub-pathauto (D7) / Sub-path URL Aliasing (D6) provides a way to use one alias for multiple URLs as long as the so that "node/1" is aliased to "about-my-site" then you can use "about-my-site/edit" to access "node/1/edit". Neat!
- Transliteration is useful if your site is likely contain characters beyond ASCII 128 and you want them transliterated into ASCII 128. (For Pathauto 6.x-1.x this feature is handled by the Pathauto module, see the README.txt for more details).
#D7CX: I pledge that Pathauto will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released - PLEDGE FULFILLED!
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 732,372 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,092,798
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: February 12, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.