The OpenChurch distribution is for churches and ministries. It is a flexible platform with common features for churches that can help streamline development of these websites.
Introducing OpenChurch 8!
We are happy to announce that OpenChurch has been completely rebuilt using almost entirely Drupal 8 core modules. OpenChurch is now easier, faster and more stable to use than ever!
- Blog - Includes a list page and archive page, the blog content type is very simple and this does not use the core blog module.
- Bulletin - Includes block for downloading latest bulletin, also a list page and content type.
- Events - Includes a event content, filtered by ministry and responsive calendar.
- Gallery - Integrates with ministry content and is an easy way to manage galleries.
- Giving - Includes list display for featured charities
- Homepage Rotator - a very nice way to feature content on the homepage in a slideshow which is a very common feature on sites today.
- Ministry - this represents a church's core ministries (Missions, Youth, etc.) and integrates with other content on the site.
- Podcast - An out of the box sermon podcast page. Also includes a block for showing the most recent podcast. It is called labeled 'Sermons' but can be used for any kind of podcast.
- Social - Social integration with Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and more! Enable visitors to share content with their social networks.
- Staff - Includes staff page and integration with well with ministries.
- Video - Add 3rd party video from Youtube and Vimeo
The OpenChurch 2x theme is a fully responsive sub-theme of the Bartik core theme. This theme also has color module support for easy color configuration.
OpenChurch Demo Site
See http://demo.openchurchsite.com/ (version 7x) for an interactive demo of OpenChurch (anonymous only).
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 604 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 151,254
- Last modified: November 29, 2015
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.