This module provides integration with MailChimp, a popular email delivery service. The module makes it easy for website users or visitors to control which of your email lists they want to be on (or off), lets you generate and send MailChimp email campaigns from your site, and lets you and your users view a history of emails they have been sent from MailChimp. More generally, it aspires to makes your email delivery world efficient and to make your user's email receipt and control simple and precise. Thanks to MailChimp's ongoing sponsorship, this module is actively maintained and regularly adding features.
Features & Modules
The MailChimp core module provides all of the API integration functionality, and the ability to add your MailChimp API key and configure a few options. Unless you are writing your own functionality with MailChimp, it doesn't do much alone. The other features are broken out into the following sub-modules:
- Directly connect a MailChimp List to any entity with an email address field or property by adding a field to that entity
- Display subscription forms or status for Lists on entities
- Subscription controlled on Entity creation (including User Registration if desired)
- Map entity fields to your MailChimp merge fields, including mapping fields on Field Collections and internal values on, for example, Addressfield fields
- Use Views Bulk Operations to create Mailchimp List Segments (Note: This VBO Patch may be needed depending on your versions)
- Create forms to allow site visitors to sign up for any Mailchimp List or combination of Lists
- Create Pages, Blocks, or both to display forms
- Create campaigns containing any Drupal entity, or entities, as content
- Send campaigns created in Drupal through MailChimp or Drupal interfaces
- View campaign statistics
- Display MailChimp history for any email address in Drupal
- Can be linked to any entity with an email address field, and can display on various entity types simultaneously
- MailChimp eCommerce: Integration with MailChimp for E-Commerce.
- Mandrill: MailChimp's transactional email service (requires MailChimp account).
IMPORTANT: The 7.x-2.x and 7.x-3.x branches rely on MailChimp’s API version 2.0 and will become unsupported by MailChimp at the end of the year 2016. Please see this link for more information. To upgrade to the latest version, please review the main README.txt file in the 7.x-4.x branch.
The 8.x-1.x release uses version 3.0 of the MailChimp API and bundles the library with the module. This is a temporary solution until the process for installing libraries via composer is finalized in Drupal 8.
The 7.x-4.x release uses version 3.0 of the MailChimp API. A new library is available here and will need to replace the old library if you are upgrading the module from 7.x-3.x or 7.x2.x.
See the README.txt for library installation instructions.
7.x-3.x and 7.x-2.x
Please upgrade to 7.x-4.x, the branch that is using MailChimp’s latest API version 3. The upgrade path from these earlier branches to 7.x-4.x is manual at this point, requiring disabling & uninstalling 7.x-3.x or 7.x-2.x, then installing 7.x-4.x. Worry not! Your lists, subscribers, and campaign data will remain safe on your MailChimp account.
Make sure your libraries module is version 2.0 or above before you install or upgrade MailChimp. Drupal will let this module install even if you have 1.0, despite the requirements specification in the MailChimp module, and the MailChimp install routine will break.
The mailchimp_campaign and mailchimp_signup modules require the entity module.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 24,811 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 202,556
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: August 31, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.