The Image Effects module provides a suite of additional image effects that can be added to image styles and UI components that can be used in the image effects configuration forms.
Effects provided / supported by image toolkit:
Image Effects tries to support both the GD toolkit from Drupal core and the ImageMagick toolkit. However, please note that there may be effects that are not supported by all toolkits, or that provide different results with different toolkits.
For an updated list of effects available, see the README file.
Image effects UI components:
Components provided here are ported from earlier versions of the Textimage module.
- Form API element for color selection
- Pluggable color selectors - HTML color element, Farbtastic, JQuery Colorpicker (requires the JQuery Colorpicker module)
- Pluggable image selectors - Basic, Dropdown
- Pluggable font selectors - Basic, Dropdown
- Image module from Drupal core
- At least one of the available image toolkits:
- GD toolkit from Drupal core
- ImageMagick toolkit
- Install as usual, see the official docs for further information.
- Check the Image Effects configuration page (Manage > Configuration > Media >
Image Effects), and choose the UI components that effects provided by this
module should use for selecting colors, images, fonts.
A note about the origin of this module
This module is the Drupal 8 successor of the ImageCache Actions module. It also incorporates image effects that were part of the Drupal 7 versions of the
ImageMagick, Textimage, FiltersIE and ImageMagick Raw Effect modules.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media
- Reported installs: 2,779 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 26,129
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 11 April 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.