This module defines the "hierarchical_select" form element, which is a greatly enhanced way for letting the user select items in a hierarchy.
Hierarchical Select has the ability to save the entire lineage of a selection or only the "deepest" selection. You can configure it to force the user to make a selection as deep as possible in the tree, or allow the user to select an item anywhere in the tree. Levels can be labeled, you can configure limit the number of items that can be selected, configure a title for the dropbox, choose a site-wide animation delay, and so on. You can even create new items and levels through Hierarchical Select!
For a good overview of what Hierarchical Select can do, look at this demo!
Drupal 7 version
The Drupal 7 version integrates with:
- Taxonomy (Drupal core)
- Menu (Drupal core)
- Entity Reference (rudimentary support)
For those using Hierarchical Select Menu for more complicated menu structures: this module works great together with the Menu link weight module.
Please see TODO.txt to see what still needs to be ported.
Thus, it does not yet integrate with: Forum (Drupal core), Views, etc. If you need support for something else than Taxonomy, please either contribute the required patches or sponsor them! Due to a bug in the Drupal.org packaging scripts (see), modules that are marked as not yet ported (and thus cannot be enabled), are not marked as such when you download the tarballs, so be ware!
Drupal 6 version
The Drupal 6 version is unsupported.
- Ability to create new items: The Worx Company
- Ability to only show items that are associated with at least one entity: Merge
- Views 2 support: Merge
- Initial Drupal 7 port + follow-up fixes: PingV
- Port of "save lineage" functionality to Drupal 7: Bancard Data Service
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 32,821 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 271,115
- Last modified: November 10, 2015