What is govCMS?
The govCMS distribution is built using Drupal 7 core, along with additional software such as themes, modules, libraries, and installation profiles specific to Australian government websites.
Development and issue management is via GitHub
This installation profile is mirrored at the govCMS project on gitHub. We are responding to issues and accepting pull requests on GitHub and we have a govCMS distro label in place for you to tag issues for this installation profile.
What’s in govCMS?
- Compliance with Australian Government Web Guide Requirements
- Sophisticated workflow
- Google website analytics
- Rich content ‘What You See Is What You Get’ (WYSIWYG) editing
- Responsive mobile device display
- News, Publication, Promotion, Event and Media release management functionality
- Content preview prior to posting
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Australian Government Locator Service (AGLS) metadata standard
- Media asset management
- Drag and drop editing
The Australian Government is committed towards contributing to building the Drupal Open Source Community. Any features built in to the govCMS distribution will be made available to both govCMS customers and the broader Drupal Open Source Community.
You can join in the conversation at the govCMS online Community and be kept up to date on what's happening with the program including events and meetups.
Example govCMS websites
- National Film and Sound Archive
- Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority
- Stay Smart Online
- Minister for Human Services
- South Australia Department for Child Protection
- The Australian Army
- Australian Tax Office Annual Report
- Victorian Budget
The original foundation for govCMS is aGov. Further information about govCMS is available at the govCMS website.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 163 sites currently report using this distribution. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 22,696
- Last modified: January 2, 2017
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.