This Module provides an XLS file parser for the Feeds module. XLS files are the standard used by Microsoft Office Excel, and can be created by a number of other Spreadsheet applications.
It works in a similar way to the Feeds CSV parser, providing exactly the same options. The module should be able to read the following file formats (as supported by PHPExcel):
- Excel 2007 (spreadsheetML)
- BIFF5 (Excel 5.0 / Excel 95), BIFF8 (Excel 97 and higher)
- PHPExcel Serialized Spreadsheet
- Excel 2003 XML format
- Open Office Calc (.ods)
- Symbolic Link (SYLK)
- CSV (Comma Separated Values)
The module also dynamically creates template files for each import. These have not been extensively tested, although they do provide the following features:
- If a field is required, the column in the template file will be required.
- If the field is an "Options list", the field will provide a drop down box to the user.
- As with the "Options list", if the field is a taxonomy, all values in the taxonomy will be embeded in an additional worksheet, with values in the cell restricted to values in the additional worksheet.
- The PHPExcel library should be installed, either in a location that the Libraries module can find (if the Libraries module is installed), or in the feeds_xls folder. The folder should be renamed "PHPExcel". If you're having difficulty with this, try the instructions under the Issues queue, or as a last resort, post a help request.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Import/Export
- Reported installs: 3,264 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,747
- Last modified: July 27, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.