The Configuration Update Manager project contains a base module and a reporting module.
Use the base module if another project has it as a dependency (example: Features).
The report module supplements the core Configuration Manager module, by providing a report that allows you to see the differences between the configuration items provided by the current versions of your installed modules, themes, and install profile, and the configuration on your site. The report is available from the administration UI, or via Drush commands.
If you run the report from the administration UI, you can also import new configuration provided by updates, delete unwanted configuration items, and revert your site configuration to the provided values, on a case-by-case basis.
The main use case is: You update a module, and it has either changed default config that it provides, or added new config items. You want to be able to import the new items, view the differences between the site config and the changed config, and possibly "revert" (or it may be an update) to the newly-provided default config.
This module is related to several existing issues:
Configurable Help module:
Core Views/Views UI module:
Core Tour module:
Generic problem in config in Core: , , and related issues
Other configuration-related contrib modules
- Configuration Tools: Facilitates storing your active config in files instead of the database.
- Features: In Drupal 8, Features is basically a configuration packager.
- Configuration Development: A developer module that automatically imports/exports config at every page request, and allows you to export configuration in bulk into modules
- Configuration Synchronizer: Provides methods for safely importing site configuration from updated modules and themes.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Developer
- Reported installs: 13,880 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 159,662
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: March 8, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.