This module helps with developing configuration. Do not deploy in production environments. Exercise caution and always use version control.
It does three things:
- Automated import of configuration files into the active storage. At the beginning of every request the changed files are saved the way as if it were dumped in the core config module provided "Single import" form.
- Automated export of configuration objects into files. Only a list of filenames is required, the configuration object names are automatically derived. One configuration object can be auto exported into multiple files. This is the equivalent of copying the export from the 'Single export' screen.
- Helps creating modules that behave somewhat similarly to features export in Drupal 7. Under
config_develthe module info yml should contain a list of config objects this module deals with then
drush config-devel-export MODULE_NAMEwill write those config objects into the
config/installdirectory of the module.
Typically filenames wil be something like
Note: system.site, core.extension and simpletest.settings is not compatible with the auto import feature. This is very unlikely to be fixed.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Developer
- Reported installs: 824 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 19,993
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: September 2, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.