Drupal integration with the ClamAV virus scanner.
This module will verify that files uploaded to a site are not infected with a virus, and prevent infected files from being saved.
NB: The module integrates with ClamAV, it does not provide an anti-virus scanner engine.
Comprehensive documentation can be found on the Installing ClamAV page. In general, the Drupal module doesn't have any specific requirements for how ClamAV is installed.
- First install the clamscan program:
- Then enable and configure the ClamAV Drupal module
The Drupal configuration page is at
"Daemon mode" is recommended. "Executable mode" is slower, and in some configurations, the ClamAV service may need to run under the same group as the webserver process.
The best resource is the ClamAV documentation.
For issues that are Drupal-specific or will affect most users of the Drupal ClamAV module, please raise and discuss them in the ClamAV module issue queue.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Media, Security, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 1,427 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 12,272
- Last modified: August 17, 2016
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.