Adds support for the Word Count & Char Count Plugin for CKEditor.
It can be enabled per filter format, and will show you the paragraph and word count, as well as count spaces as characters or count HTML as characters if you select those options. You can also set a maximum limit on total words or total characters, which will prevent input in CKEditor after that limit.
While this will prevent entry on the client side, you should not rely on this as any sort of field validation.
Requires core CKEditor and CKEditor Notification.
- Download the plugin from http://ckeditor.com/addon/wordcount
- Place the plugin in the root libraries folder (/libraries).
- Enable CKEditor Wordcount module in the Drupal admin.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Utility
- Reported installs: 201 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 4,361
- Last modified: September 16, 2016
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.