Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
A CAPTCHA is a challenge-response test most often placed within web forms to determine whether the user is human. The purpose of CAPTCHA is to block form submissions by spambots, which are automated scripts that post spam content everywhere they can. The CAPTCHA module provides this feature to virtually any user facing web form on a Drupal site.
We do this our spare time, which is unfortunately almost nonexistent at the moment due to real life obligations. To give the CAPTCHA module the required level of maintenance, an extra co-maintainer would be welcome. If you're interested in helping with this very popular module, please contact me or open an issue in the CAPTCHA module issue tracker.
Additional CAPTCHA Modules
- CAPTCHA Pack
- Text CAPTCHA
- Egglue Semantic CAPTCHA
- Captcha Riddler
- Hidden CAPTCHA
- CAPTCHA after (Show CAPTCHA protection on selected forms after specified number of unsuccessful form submit attempts has been made.)
- Draggable CAPTCHA
- Image CAPTCHA refresh
- Nocaptcha Recaptcha
You could also consider spam filtering or hybrid solutions like:
- The AntiSpam module, is the successor of the Akismet module, and it provides spam protection to your Drupal site using external antispam service like Akismet, TypePad and Defensio.
- The Mollom module, similar to AntiSpam module, it only presents a CAPTCHA if the user input (e.g. a comment) looks like spam. Also provides stand-alone CAPTCHA service with intelligent, reputation-based CAPTCHAs. It is restricted to the Mollom service
- The spam module provides spam filtering and related tools
- The honeypot module
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content Access Control, Security, Spam Prevention, User Access & Authentication, User Management
- Reported installs: 261,469 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,696,973
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: October 5, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.