Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Upload of webform submission results from a delimited file.
(comma, tab, semicolon, pipe, period, and space) For simplicity I will refer to this as CSV.
* download latest tarball from http://drupal.org/project/webform_import
* untar in your sites /sites/modules/ directory
* go to admin/build/modules
* Check "webform import"
* drush dl webform_import
* drush en webform_import
* create a webform
* create webform components to match your CSV data
Prepare to Upload the CSV file (gotchas!)
* NOTICE: usually disable the "required" field requirement. If its left on, the upload will not take if a required field is missing.
* NOTICE: Insure your Selection Component's "Key|Value" pair reflects the "Key" in your CSV file
* NOTICE: webform file component will not be added
* edit your CSV files header to match either the "Field Names" or "Field Form Keys"
* you can download a template from the "Instructions" fieldset on the "Upload" tab.
Component specific help
* Date: must be in a format parsable by the php function strtotime() Any time data will be discarded.
* Grid: option keys must be separated by commas and in the order of the questions in the webform. (e.g., "red,male,car" for the questions "Favorite color, Gender, Type of automobile you drive" respectively.)
* File: currently unable to handle this component.
* Select: for multiselect answer keys must be separated by commas. (e.g., "1,2,3")
* Time: must be in a format parsable by the php function strtotime() Any date data will be discarded.
Uploading the CSV file
* go to the "Webform"
* go to "Results" tab
* go to "Upload" sub-tab
* choose CSV file from local filessystem
* choose delimter
* choose header match criteria "Field Names" or "Field Form Keys"
* check results count & errors
Editing submissions results via Export / Upload
Webform Export will output a CSV file that is compatible with Webform Import. If the SID column is present the Import will UPDATE the record. You can use this feature to do significant updates to submission results.
* just disable & remove module
* drush dis webform_import
* NOTICE: no database tables are added