- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-108
- Project: Gallery Assist (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2009-November-18
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Gallery Assist module provides a simple way to create image galleries on a site. The module does not sanitize node titles, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
- Gallery Assist module for Drupal 6.x prior to Gallery Assist 6.x-1.7
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Gallery Assist module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use the Gallery Assist module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Gallery Assist 6.x-1.7
- Reported by Dylan Wilder-Tack
- Fixed by Juan Carlos Morejon Carabajo, the module maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.