Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-088
- Project: Workflow (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 5.x
- Date: 2009-October-28
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Workflow module enables sites to define flexible process management systems. Names of workflows and workflow states are not sanitised to display as plain text, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. Exploiting this vulnerability would allow a malicious user to gain full administrative access.
Mitigating factors: A malicious user would need 'administer workflow' permission to carry out the cross-site-scripting attack.
- Workflow module versions Drupal 6.x prior to Workflow 6.x-1.2
- Workflow module versions Drupal 5.x prior to Workflow 5.x-2.4
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Workflow module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version.
- If you use the Workflow module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Workflow 6.x-1.2
- If you use the Workflow module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to Workflow 5.x-2.4
jvandyk, the module maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.