- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-077
- Project: Userpoints (third party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2009-October-21
- Security risk: Less critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Information disclosure
The Userpoints module enables the users of a site to gain or lose points based on their activity. There is a vulnerability in the module which allows any user with the "View own userpoints" permission to view the userpoints data of any user, not just their own.
- Userponts module versions 6.x prior to 6.x-1.1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Userpoints module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version.
- If you use the Userpoints module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Userpoints module 6.x-1.1
See also the Userpoints module project page.
kbahey the module maintainer.
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.