Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-072
- Project: RealName (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2009-October-14
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The RealName module allows the administrator to choose fields from the user profile that will be used to add a "real name" element (method) to a user object. In some specific cases, the module does not sanitize before outputting the realname, resulting in a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability. Such an attack may lead to a malicious user gaining full administrative access.
- RealName 6.x-1.x prior to 6.x-1.3
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed RealName module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the RealName for Drupal 6.x-1.x upgrade to RealName 6.x-1.3
See also the RealName module project page.
NancyDru, the module maintainer
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.