Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-047
- Project: Calendar (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2009-July-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Calendar module enables Views module to display any Date module date field as a calendar. The module does not properly escape user input when displaying titles of content types that have Date fields. A user with permission to create new content types (including via the Date module's Date Tools sub-module) could attempt a cross site scripting (XSS) attack, leading to the user gaining full administrative access.
- Calendar for Drupal 6.x prior to 6.x-2.2
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Calendar module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Calendar for Drupal 6.x upgrade to Calendar 6.x-2.2
See also the Calendar project page.
The security contact for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.