Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-034
- Project: Taxonomy manager (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-June-10
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Taxonomy manager module provides additional tools for administering taxonomy through Drupal. A vocabulary gets displayed in a dynamic tree view, where parent terms can be expanded to list their nested child terms or can be collapsed. The module does not properly escape some user-supplied data, allowing malicious users to insert arbitrary HTML and script code into the administrative pages provided by this module. A user who has the 'administer taxonomy' permission, and (depending on configuration) a user able to add taxonomy terms via free tagging, could attempt a cross site scripting (XSS) attack which may lead to the user gaining full administrative access.
- Taxonomy manager 6.x prior to 6.x-1.1
- Taxonomy manager 5.x prior to 5.x-1.2
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Taxonomy manager module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use Taxonomy manager 6.x upgrade to Taxonomy manager 6.x-1.1
- If you use Taxonomy manager 5.x upgrade to Taxonomy manager 5.x-1.2
See also the Taxonomy manager project page.
Justin Klein Keane (Justin_KleinKeane)
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.