Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
I am not sure if there are any plans regarding php 5.3 at this time.
I am currently testing php5.3.0alpha3 and found several issues with current HEAD. Most of them are because PHP 5.3 seems to create a warning message when a function with by-reference parameters is called by value. For example, this does happen when a hook defines his parameters as by-reference but is called with module_invoke(_all).
These errors are pretty easy to fix, however, there are some others where I'm not sure.
- PHP 5.3 changed the wording of the warning message "The second argument should be either an array or an object" to "array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given ". Because this warning mesage is used by simpletest.test to ensure that php warnings are correctly reportet, the test does now fail. I don't know how this should be resolved so that it does work with php 5.3 and older versions too.
- Some of the upload user image tests are broken. I haven't looked at those in detail yet. This is maybe another issue or a misconfiguration/bug of gd because there are no php warnings reportet, in contrast to all other fails.
- Some aggregator tests are broken, because of a by reference warning, but I'm unable to figure out where the function is called. For some reason, $form_state is given by value instead of by reference and only for one single form of the whole test suite
I'm attaching a first patch which does fix most of the by reference warnings I've found, a (maybe incomplete) list:
- multiple hook_user_cancel
- multiple hook_user_categories
- multiple hook_user_logout
- multiple file_validate_* functions
No Idea which category this belongs, because multiple modules are affected.
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Unable to apply patch php53_remove_deprecated.patch. View