- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-030
- Project: Password Reset Landing Page (PRLP) (third-party module)
- Version: 8.x
- Date: 2017-March-08
- Security risk: 16/25 ( Critical) AC:None/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Access bypass, Privilege escalation
This module adds a form on the password-reset-landing page to allow changing the password of the user during the log in process.
The module does not sufficiently validate all access tokens, which allows an attacker to change the password of any arbitrary user and gain access to their account.
In order to exploit, the attacker must have an active account on the site.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- PRLP versions prior to 8.x-1.3
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Password Reset Landing Page (PRLP) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the PRLP module for Drupal 8.x, upgrade to PRLP 8.x-1.3 (the latest 8.x release as of this advisory date).
Also see the Password Reset Landing Page (PRLP) project page.
- Jitesh Doshi the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity