- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2017-003
- Project: Autocomplete Deluxe (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2017-January-11
- Security risk: 13/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:User/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Default
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module creates a new widget for taxonomy fields based on JQuery UI autocomplete.
The module doesn't sufficiently escape the entered taxonomy terms thereby exposing a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have the permission to edit a taxonomy field.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Autocomplete Deluxe 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Autocomplete Deluxe module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the autocomplete deluxe module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Autocomplete Deluxe 7.x-2.2
Also see the Autocomplete Deluxe project page.
- Sebastian Gilits the module maintainer
- Klaus Purer of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity