Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2016-062
- Project: Elysia Cron (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2016-November-30
- Security risk: 11/25 ( Moderately Critical) AC:Basic/A:Admin/CI:Some/II:Some/E:Theoretical/TD:Uncommon
- Vulnerability: Arbitrary PHP code execution
This module enables you to manage cron jobs.
The module allows users with the permission "Administer elysia cron" to execute arbitrary PHP code via cron.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "Administer elysia cron". This permission is not marked as "restricted".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- A CVE identifier will be requested, and added upon issuance, in accordance with Drupal Security Team processes.
- Elysia cron 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.4.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Elysia Cron module, there is nothing you need to do.
Revoke the permission "Administer elysia cron" for untrusted users.
Elysia cron 7.x-2.4 and up will indicate that the permission is restricted.
Also see the Elysia Cron project page.
- Heine Deelstra of the Drupal Security Team
- David Snopek of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity