- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2015-119
- Project: Apache Solr Real-Time (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2015-June-17
- Security risk: 15/25 ( Critical) AC:None/A:None/CI:Some/II:None/E:Theoretical/TD:All
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module allows content-changes to be committed to Apache Solr in real-time.
The module doesn't check the status of an entity being indexed which means that unpublished content will get indexed by Solr and the title and partial content may be exposed to any user who has permission to search site content.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Apache Solr Real-Time 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Apache Solr Real-Time module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Apache Solr Real-Time module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Apache Solr Real-Time 7.x-1.2
Note: upgrading the module is not enough. You should also reindex all your content to remove unpublished items from the index.
Also see the Apache Solr Real-Time project page.
- Hunter Fox of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at https://www.drupal.org/contact.
Follow the Drupal Security Team on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drupalsecurity