Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
As described in. There is a need for a subtree split of Drupal core to exist on Drupal.org. This will allow site administrators to install Drupal core via git, a git submodule, or via Composer.
This issue is currently blocking.
Create and maintain subtree split of Drupal core.
This is similar to Symfony's subtree split of Symfony's components:
Some work has already been done to create a subtree split of Drupal core (via a script) here:
Ideally, the split should happen every time a commit is pushed to the primary drupal repository via a git hook. However if that is not possible, it should at least occur every release (i.e. beta1, beta2, etc.). I believe Symony does it nightly, the more often, the better.
- create the drupal/core repo on github
- Move existing subtree commits from drupal-composer/drupal-core to drupal/core repo
- Add code to drupalorg to create subtree splits utilizing splitsh, and push those changes to github, and have it push 8.2.x-dev branch as a whole new branch to github.drupal.org
- Configure the git hooks on github
- Repoint (or recreate) drupal/core on Packagist to the official subtree split