- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-096
- Project: Entity reference (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-November-20
- Security risk: Not critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
By default, with an autoselect or a select widget, a user cannot autocomplete an entity title, nor can they select an entity that they have no access to. This will correctly throw a 'invalid id' error and does not show the title of the entity.
However, if a user (A) that has access to the referenced entity (Node 1), makes that reference on a node (Node 2), and gives edit access to another user (B), user B will be able to see the node title for the referenced node (Node 2).
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must get a user with access to a private node to reference it via another node that attacker has edit access to. No other node information is leaked other than the title.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Entityreference 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.1-rc1
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Entity reference module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Entityreference module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Entityreference 7.x-1.1
Also see the Entity reference project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.