Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-073
- Project: Make Meeting Scheduler (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2013-September-04
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
This module enables you to create polls accessible by an url with hash (e.g. example.com/makemeeting/sn9028xh3398) so that anonymous users can view and vote on the poll.
The module didn't sufficiently check access when a poll is accessed directly via its node url (e.g. node/123). Note: a user with the hashed url can still access and vote on the poll as that is the intention of the module.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Make Meeting Scheduler 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Make Meeting Scheduler module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Make Meeting Scheduler module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Make Meeting Scheduler module 6.x-1.3
Also see the Make Meeting Scheduler project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.