UPDATE: Voting is Now Open!
Voting closes on Thursday 19 Sep 2013
Now is the time! As we announced on August 16, we are looking to fill the two At-Large Director positions that are opening. The At-large Director position is specifically designed to ensure community representation on the Drupal Association board and we strongly encourage anyone with an interest to take part in the process.
The Board of Directors of the Drupal Association are responsible for financial oversight and setting the strategic direction of the Drupal Association. New board members will contribute to the strategic direction of the Drupal Association. Board members are advised of, but not responsible for matters related to the day to day operations of the Drupal Association, including program execution, staffing, etc.
Directors are expected to contribute around five hours per month and attend three in-person meetings per year (financial assistance is available if required). You can learn more about what’s expected of board members by reviewing the board member agreement.
The self-nomination form that will allow you to throw your hat in the ring is open for just a few more days:
To nominate yourself, you should be prepared to answer a few questions:
- About Me: Tell us about yourself! Your background, how you got into Drupal, etc.
- Motivation: Why are you applying for a board position? What initiatives do you hope to help drive, or what perspectives are you going to try and represent?
- Experience: What Drupal community contributions have you taken part in (code, camps, etc.)? Do you have experience in financial oversight, developing business strategies, or organization governance?
- Availability: I am able to travel to three in-person board meetings per year (either self-funded, or with financial sponsorship)
- IRC Handle
- Twitter Handle
We will also need to know that you are available for the next step in the process, meet the candidate sessions. We are hosting 2 sessions:
- Wednesday, Sept. 11th 2013 at 00:00 UTC
- 5 PM PST Tuesday Sept. 10th in the US and Canada
- 8 PM EST Tuesday Sept. 10th in the US and Canada
- 9 PM Tuesday Sept. 10th in Sao Paulo Brasil
- 1 AM Wednesday, Sept. 11th in London
- 8 AM Wednesday, Sept. 11th in Beijing
- 10 am Wednesday, Sept. 11th in Sydney Australia
- Thursday, September 12 2013 at 16:00 UTC
- 9 AM PST Thursday, September 12 in the US and Canada
- 12 noon EST Thursday, September 12 in the US and Canada
- 1 PM Thursday, September 12 in Sao Paulo Brasil
- 5 PM Thursday, September 12 in London
- 00:00 Friday, September 13 in Beijing
- 2 AM Friday, September 13 in Sydney Australia
The nomination form will be open September 1, 2013 through September 6, 2013 at midnight UTC. For a thorough review of the process, please see our announcement blog post.