Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-071
- Project: Flag (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-August-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Flag module allows creation of customizable flags on entities.
Flag does not properly sanitize the name of a flag on the main flag administration page, allowing a malicious user to embed scripts within a page, resulting in a Cross-site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have the 'Administer flags' permission.
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Flag 7.x-3.x versions prior to 7.x-3.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Flag module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Flag module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Flag 7.x-3.1
Also see the Flag project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.