Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-057
- Project: TinyBox (Simple Splash) (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-July-10
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
TinyBox module uses TinyBox, a lightweight and standalone modal window script. The main purpose of this module is to provide Splash Screen/Window as simple as possible.
The module doesn't filter user-supplied text prior to display. The vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have the permission "administer tinybox."
CVE identifier(s) issued
- TinyBox 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.1.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed TinyBox (Simple Splash) module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the TinyBox module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to TinyBox 7.x-2.2
Also see the TinyBox (Simple Splash) project page.
- Wendy William, S.Kom the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.