Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2013-048
- Project: Edit Limit (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2013-May-29
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Access bypass
Edit Limit enables you to set time and count-based limits on how and when a user can edit nodes or comments.
The module doesn't sufficiently check user access when editing comments to see if the user has the necessary permissions to edit a comment outside of the limits applied by this module. This makes it possible for a user who can edit their own comments to edit the comments of any other user.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "edit comments".
CVE identifier(s) issued
- Edit Limit 7.x-1.x versions prior to 7.x-1.3.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Edit Limit module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Edit Limit module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to Edit Limit 7.x-1.3
Also see the Edit Limit project page.
- Greg Knaddison of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.